Delicious Cupcakes, No chit-chat (For Arun)
Makes 24(ish) cupcakes
Time: 4 hours
Paper cupcake liners
2 cups cake flour
3/4 cup Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Cocoa
1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick European style butter (Kerrigold Irish Butter if you can find it!)
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon extra rich vanilla extract
1 bottle of Guinness
3 large eggs
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 sticks European style butter (Kerrigold Irish Butter if you can find it!)
2 teaspoons extra rich vanilla extract
1 miniature bottle of Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
Heavy pinch of salt
3.5 cups powdered sugar
Plastic Piping Bag with Starburst tip
Green Food Coloring
Green and Gold sugar sprinkles
Orange Gel Icing
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Insert paper liners in cupcake tins.
- Gather ingredients and bring them to room temperature (30 minutes)
- Measure dry cake ingredients, sift or whisk together, set aside.
- With stand or hand mixer, beat butter and sugar together.
- Add Guinness, eggs, vanilla, Greek yogurt to sugar butter mixture. Will look odd.
- Add ½ dry ingredients to wet. Mix thoroughly.
- Add remainder of dry ingredients to wet, mix until combined.
- Add batter to a measuring cup with a spout (Pyrex glass works well)
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full with batter from measuring cup. Have towel to wipe spills.
- Insert into preheated oven. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Rotate pans from top to bottom, and from front to back to ensure even baking. Bake for additional 12 minutes.
- Cupcakes will be semi-domed or flat when finished. Remove from oven, test by inserting a wooden toothpick or skewer in the center of ugliest cupcake. Crumbs should cling to wood when removed.
- Remove cupcakes to counter and allow cooling for 1 hour.
- In clean bowl: beat butter, baileys, and vanilla, salt for two minutes.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until combined.
- Add drops of green food coloring until desired tint is achieved.
- Either apply icing to cooled cupcakes or follow additional décor directions.
- Insert starburst tip into plastic piping bag. Clip end off of bag.
- Fill piping bag with ½ buttercream, use rubber band to secure open end.
- Using a swirl circle movement, apply icing to cupcake.
- Repeat steps 19-20 until all cupcakes are iced or you run out of butter cream.
- Sprinkle colored sugar on top of each cupcake.
- Add small dollop of gel icing to the center of each cupcake.